AERO is part of the
Department of Automotive and Aeronautical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science
and of the
Strategic Research Area Mobility & Transport.
AERO's Mission Statement:
AERO's aim is to guide research assistants to cooperative dissertations|
and to conduct projects in research, development and teaching.
Emphasis of AERO's Work:
AERO's Current Projects:
AERO's Finished Projects:
- Aircraft Design
- Aircraft Systems
- Flight Mechanics
AERO's Short Courses:
- Airport 2030 - WP 4.1 - Evolutionary Aircraft Configurations
- OPerA - Optimization in Preliminary Aircraft Design
- TOC - Take-Off Calculation
- PAHMIR - Preventive Aircraft Health Monitoring for Integrated Reconfiguration
- CARISMA - Aircraft Cabin and Cabin System Refurbishing - Optimization of Technical Processes
- MOZART - Health Monitoring von Brennstoffzellensystemen in der Luftfahrt
- ALOHA - Aircraft Design for Low Cost Ground Handling
- Green Freighter - Green Freighter
- FLECS - Functional Model Library of the Environmental Control Systems
- EPMA - European Postgraduate Master in Aeronautical Engineering
AERO's Presentation in the Booklet "75 Years of Aeronautical Engineering Teaching in Hamburg":
AERO's Contact Details:
AERO - Prof. Dr. Scholz
HAW Hamburg, Berliner Tor 9, D-20099 Hamburg
+ 49 - 40 - 42875 - 8825 to -8828
+ 49 - 40 - 42875 - 8829
Building D, Room 217 and 218
How to find AERO
See us on:
- Papers and other publications: Available from the respected project web page (see above)
- Reports @ AERO: All other output from the group
- News @ AERO: Reports about what's going on here (update peinding)
- Digital Library: Projects and theses supervised in the group
- Books @ AERO, Papers @ AERO: Books & Papers bought for our work
- Pictures of our Office
- AERO works with almost 100% Third-Party Funds
- AERO has brought 1 620 000 EUR to the university with finished and current projects
- AERO has guided projects worth 2 889 000 EUR together with it's partners
Server @ AERO:
AERO's mark on Google Maps is close to the entrance of the building
(please zoom in).
Use either staircase or elevator. Go up to second floor (above the machine hall) and follow the sign with the A320 simulator to AERO's office.
Head of AERO:
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dieter SCHOLZ, MSME
+49-40-18119881 (home office)
>>> Publications <<< (university page, since 2010)
Publications (home page, complete)
Lecturers @ AERO
Dr.-Ing. Danyck Nguewo (FM1, FM2)
Dipl.-Ing. Claus Cordes, Captain A380 (Aircraft Operation in FML)
Dipl.-Ing. Till Marquardt (FPR-FM)
Dipl.-Ing. Andrej Polischuk (FS, Part A321)
All lecturers are taking over teaching responsibilities from Prof. Scholz.
Student Assistants @ AERO
Current student assistant(s): Aurel Beheschti.
Students @ AERO
Students conducting a project or thesis.
Alumni @ AERO
Alumni are our past research assistants and student assistants.
English is our main language in the team. Often German, Dutch, Romanian, Spanish, French, Russian and Polish can be heard as well.
AERO provides a home for HAW Hamburg and exchange students alike and is proud of its team spirit!