Aircraft Design and Systems Group (AERO)
Forschungsgruppe Flugzeugentwurf und -systeme
AERO is part of the
Research Focal Point Aeronautical Engineering
Department of Automotive and Aeronautical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science
and of the
Competence Center Novel Flight (CCNF).
AERO's Mission Statement:
AERO's aim is to guide research assistants to cooperative dissertations|
and to conduct funded projects in research, development and teaching.
Emphasis of AERO's Work:
AERO's Current Projects:
- Aircraft Design
- Aircraft Systems
- Flight Mechanics
AERO's Finished Projects:
- Airport 2030 - WP 4.1 - Evolutionary Aircraft Configurations
- OPerA - Optimization in Preliminary Aircraft Design
- PreSTo - Aircraft Preliminary Sizing Tool
- SAS - Simple Aircraft Sizing
AERO's Short Courses:
- TOC - Take-Off Calculation
- PAHMIR - Preventive Aircraft Health Monitoring for Integrated Reconfiguration
- CARISMA - Aircraft Cabin and Cabin System Refurbishing - Optimization of Technical Processes
- MOZART - Health Monitoring von Brennstoffzellensystemen in der Luftfahrt
- ALOHA - Aircraft Design for Low Cost Ground Handling
- Green Freighter - Green Freighter
- FLECS - Functional Model Library of the Environmental Control Systems
- EPMA - European Postgraduate Master in Aeronautical Engineering
AERO's Presentation in the Booklet "75 Years of Aeronautical Engineering Teaching in Hamburg":
AERO's Contact Details:
AERO - Prof. Dr. Scholz
HAW Hamburg, Berliner Tor 9, D-20099 Hamburg
+ 49 - 40 - 42875 - 8825 to -8828
+ 49 - 40 - 42875 - 8829
Building D, Room 217 and 218
How to find AERO
- Papers and other publications: Available from the respected project web page (see above)
- Reports @ AERO: All other output from the group
- News @ AERO: Reports about what's going on here
- Digital Library: Projects and theses supervised in the group
- Books @ AERO, Papers @ AERO: Books & Papers bought for our work
- Pictures of our Office
- AERO works with almost 100% Third-Party Funds
- AERO has brought 1 620 000 EUR to the university with finished and current projects
- AERO has guided projects worth 2 889 000 EUR together with it's partners
Server @ AERO:
Head of AERO:
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dieter Scholz, MSME
+49-40-18119881 (home office)
Research Assistants @ AERO:
Research assistants are paid by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research or the city of Hamburg.
For most of them a cooperative PhD is organized.
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Johanning
Topic: Smart Turboprop
Contract: 05/2011 to 11/2013 (to be extended)
PhD Student at TUM
Dipl.-Ing. Ricardo Caja Calleja, MSc
Topic: Box Wing Aircraft
Contract: 03/2013 to 11/2013 (to be extended)
Tahir Sousa, B.Tech (Hons.)
Airport2030 and PreSTo
Contract: 09/2012 to 07/2013
Priyanka Barua, B.Tech (Hons.)
Contract: 09/2012 to 07/2013
PhD Students @ AERO:
"Pure" cooperative PhD Students are former research assistants of AERO who are now working on own funds.
Dr.-Ing. Mihaela Niţă (Man)
CARISMA with contract: 10/2008 to 09/2010.
OPerA with support: Pro Exzellenzia: 10/2010 to 05/2012. Article: Impetus.
Former PhD Student at UPB.
Final presentation scheduled at HAW Hamburg for spring 2013.
| Dipl.-Ing. Mike Gerdes
Contract: 06/2008 to 06/2011
PhD Student at LiU
Lecturers @ AERO
Dr. Danyck Nguewo (FM1, FM2)
Claus Cordes (Aircraft Operation in FM1)
Till Marquardt (FPR-FM)
Andrej Polischuk (FS)
All lecturers are taking over teaching responsibilities from Prof. Scholz and have been paid from faculty money based on AERO's research activities.
Student Assistants @ AERO
Current student assistants are: Mahmud Mir, Johann Metzger.
Students @ AERO
Students conducting a project or thesis.
Alumni @ AERO
Alumni are our past research assistants and student assistants.
English is our main language in the team. Often also German, Dutch, Romanian, Spanish, French, Russian and Polish can be heard as well.
AERO provides a home for HAW Hamburg and exchange students alike and is proud of its team spirit!