EPMA - Practical Information
The recognition of a module (worth 4 ECTS)
has a work load of 100 hours (1 ECTS = 25 hours of work load) consisting of:
The ratio between self study time and project work is not necessarily the same on each
EPMA module. 10 EPMA modules have to be taken. This yields 40 ECTS.
- short course with a minimum of 30 hours (1 week = 5 days with 6 hours per day)
- self study time preceding the short course: 20 hours
- project work after the short course: 50 hours
The thesis accounts for another 20 ECTS. The thesis has a work load of about 500 hours.
The full EPMA programme hence consists of 60 ECTS equal to one year of full time studies.
As EPMA is a part time programme, it will probably require a minimum of 3 years in order to finish with a degree.
ECTS credits are collected at HAW Hamburg. HAW Hamburg issues a transcript of records if needed.
HAW Hamburg awards the joint EPMA degree together with a
for all students who fulfil the EPMA requirements. The EPMA programme also offers a double
- In addition to the joint EPMA degree, students can get a second degree from UB1 if they
write a thesis supervised at UB1 on a subject from its area of specialization.
- In addition to the joint EPMA degree, students can get a postgraduate certificate
from KHBO if they write a thesis supervised at KHBO on a subject that is from the
specialist area of aeronautical engineering at KHBO.