Advances in Aerospace Science and Technology (AAST)
AAST: Publication Checklist for Authors
Decide if you want to submit your manuscript to AAST. If yes:
- Get familiar with all available information provided by AAST:
- Unformatted - fulfilling minimum layout requirements from AAST Guidelines or
- Formatted - with the AAST-Template downloaded from:
Submit your work to SCIRP's Paper Submmission System (PSS).
- AAST promotes debates of timely issues, informed speculations, as well as synthesis of ideas within and across disciplines.
Use the freedom you find at AAST and make use of articles types other than Original Research. Select also Review, Comment, and Viewpoint.
- Your writing style should be focused, short, fresh, and personal.
Give all steps in your reasoning and use many illustrations. Avoid too many terms and abbreviations. State implications and give advise.
Sand-Jensen 2007 shows what you should avoid.
- Englishmen enjoy the flexibility of their native tongue for poetic imagery and play-on-words humor. If you have these language capabilities use them by all means.
- Work through the Language Editing Checklist.
- Be realistic about your writing skills. If in the end there remain just tiny glitches of grammar and spelling in the paper, they can be corrected for you (the author) by SCIRP during internal proofreading before publishing as a service included in the Article Processing Charges (APC).
However, if the paper is full of grammar mistakes you should get outside help. SCIRP can organize Translation and Proofreading Services for you.
You could e.g. also contact a Member of EASE. To give you an idea about current market prices: The translation of a manuscript will cost you in the order of 500 USD.
- Write your references in accordance to the Author-Date System (Harvard system according to ISO 690).
- Improve your manuscript's Title, Abstract, and Keywords for White Hat Search Engine Optimization according to the texts: "Help Readers Find Your Article" and "How to Optimize your Abstract for Search Engines?"
- Propose a Paper Category and include it above the title of the manuscript.
- Specify Author Contributions in the title footnote.
Receive your automatic confirmation e-mail from the PSS as soon as you have uploaded your manuscript successfully. Your paper will then be checked (plagiarism and basic format) and forwarded to the Editor-in-Chief (EiC) who will start the Preliminary Review. If there are any problems with your uploaded manuscript you will be contacted by the EA or EiC.
(At AAST you do not need to write an Author Declaration - compare with FAQ, Submission, Q9 - the AAST Copyright Form will do the job.)
A Cover Letter is required - compare FAQ, Submission, Q10. It can be submitted via the Paper Submission System together with the manuscript or sent to the Editorial Assistant separately via e-mail. The cover letter should be a headed letter from the Corresponding Author's institution providing ...
- Select AAST as your journal in the PSS.
- Provide the Paper Title, Abstract, Keywords, and Number of pages in the PSS.
- Upload you manuscript including pictures under "Paper File". Attach your Cover Letter (see 7.) in the zip or rar file.
- Upload your high resolution pictures separately under "Graphic Files" if this seems necessary.
- Classify your paper under "Paper Field" according to the AAST Aims & Scope by ticking the appropriate boxes in the PSS.
- Edit your Profile in the PSS. Fill in all you personal information in the input masks of the PSS.
- Provide the names of four well qualified reviewers. Current e-mail addresses must be provided for all suggested reviewers. Fill in all reviewer's data into the input masks of the PSS.
Fill out and sign the Copyright Form and send it to the EA and to the EiC via e-mail.
Fill out and sign the Author's Ethical Declarations form and send to the EiC via e-mail.
The EiC checks if all submitted information is complete and performs a peliminary review. If everything is ok, receive the Accepted for Review e-mail from the EiC. Consider to resubmit if the Prelimary Review Result was a Pre-Rejected. Compare with the AAST Review Process. Your manuscript gets the status "Under Review" in the PSS.
Receive your Review Results from the EiC - including the Paper Category selected for your contribution. Possible outcomes are:
- ... background information about the author(s) and their organization(s): inculding links to personal webpages or alternatively a list of articles published in the past two years or a well maintained Author ID (e.g. ORCID),
- ... background information about the reviewers and their organizations: link to personal webpages or a well maintained Author ID and contact information,
- ... background information about the topic covered in the manuscript: Considering your proposed Paper Category! Why should these research results be published? What is the important message to the readers?
- To Be Revised
- To Be Resubmitted
- If your manuscript requires improvements: Work on your manuscript based on the Review Result you obtained and send the new version to the EiC via e-mail for another check.
Once your manuscript's content is ok: Format your manuscipt in the AAST-Template (to the best of your abilities) - if not already done so by now (compare with 3. from above).
Once your manuscript's content is ok and your manuscript is sufficiently well formatted in the AAST-Template for SCIRP typesetting to take over:
- Remember: This step may be repeated, if your revision or your resubmission continues not to be satisfying.
- Remember: Patience and time of EiC and reviewers is limited and your manuscript can be rejected in any round.
- Please help to avoid multiple Review Loops - they are very time consuming.
- Please prepare everything as well as possible from the start.
Receive SCIRP's "Acceptance Notification" e-mail from the Paper Submmission System (PSS). This shows the publisher has taken over to continue with you on the last steps towards publication of your paper.
- The EiC sends your final manuscript to the EA (via the AAST-PMS).
- You are informed via e-mail by the EiC that your paper got the status Accepted.
- The EA uploads your manuscript to the PSS.
- Your manuscript gets the status Accepted in the PSS.
Receive SCIRP's "Acknowledgement of the Receipt of your Payment" e-mail. Your manuscript gets the status In Typesetting in the PSS.
Your manuscript gets the status In Proofreading in the PSS.
Receive SCIRP's "Your Paper has been Typeset and Proofread" e-mail.
- You are reminded: "Step 1: Sign the Copyright Form", but you should have done this by now already. If not, you can sign the Copyright Form online (if your choice is for CC BY), or you can upload a file with your signed Copyright Form.
- You are asked: "Step 2: Finish Payment for Article Processing Fee and Fill in the Remittance Information". Please find the bank account information in the PSS. The Remittance Information shows SCIRP the details of your money transfer.
- You are reminded: "Step 3: Revise and format your paper in our template, and upload revised version in MS Word through the PSS. Please highlight the revisions in red color in the updated version". However (in AAST's review process) you have done this by now already.
- Please login to the PSS using your login name and password and work on "Step 2".
- You are given 10 days to work on your payments (before a reminder will be send to you).
Receive SCIRP's "Publication Notice" e-mail of you paper with thanks and further hints. Your manuscript gets the status Published in the PSS.
Find your paper online! Notice the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) assigned to your paper.
Link to your paper using the DOI with: http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/YourPaperNumber
Do you want to submit another paper? Start from above!
E-mail addresses required for communication with AAST at SCIRP as specified above:
- Please login to the PSS using your login name and password.
- Download you paper in PDF.
- Find highlighted parts and sticker notes in your paper. These are hints of possible errors in your text (mostly spelling and grammar).
- Answer to the hints given (if any).
- Provide corrections to the PDF or indicate that no corrections are necessary.
- You are given 3 days to work on these tasks.
YAN Yaqin (Jenny), AAST Editorial Assistant
Prof. Dieter SCHOLZ, AAST Editor-in-Chief
Check your account on SCIRP's Paper Submmission System (PSS) frequently,
because in the upper right hand corner of your Home page on the PSS you will find your required action and the status of all your submissions.
The Handling Editor is is the person guiding the review process.
Generally and in most cases the Handling Editor is the Editor-in-Chief (EiC). This is the situation indicated above.
However, the EiC may not be available to guide the review process and has to be replaced by another member of the Editorial Board for handling your manuscript through the review process.
In this case you will be informed, who is responsible for your manuscript as Handling Editor and you will be provided with the respective e-mail address.
AUTHOR: Dieter SCHOLZ
LAST UPDATE: 2015-04-03
Prof. Dr. Scholz